09 January 2010

Why We Have Friends

Taidhgin, Connlaodh, and I were talking about friends today: why it was important to have them in our lives and what they mean to us and what kinds of friends we have.

Taidhgin
* They are nice and they never have their folder signed.
i.e., they never get in deep enough trouble at school for the teacher to tell their folks!
* They are special.
* (Blane) is very quiet and never gets called to sign the book.
i.e. they did something wrong at school and have to sign a book that tracks "bad choices".
* Friends are special. If you are lonely and want someone to play with you, you can ask a (new kid) their name and if they're nice they can play with you.
* If I never had friends, I would be just left alone...I would be sad.

Connlaodh
* (About Emma and Rhianna and Lauren, his "girlfriends"): They are my best friends because I want to play with them...cause I can read books with them.
* They are really nice.
* Her loves to paint!
This is about Emma, his #1 girlfriend.

So, why do we have friends?
* So we're not lonely.
* To help keep us on the right path, so that we don't have to "sign the book".
* So we can share our common interests.

And what kinds of friends should be choose?
* Ones who are nice.
* Ones who stay out of trouble and make good decisions.
* Ones who are creative.
* Ones who are smart.

I wish I had this list when I was in high school!

No comments:

Followers