25 December 2012

Thank You, Santa.

It is 7 am and my children are still nestled, all snug in their bed (yes, one bed- apparently, as with puppies, they sleep better when they are laying all over each other), and I am still waiting for anyone else to wake up so we can get this wrapping paper melee going! I have my coffee in hand and my slippers on my feet; I am ready for action. However, since they are not, I have had the chance to think a little about, reflect a little more, and smile a whole lot.

I've been up for nearly an hour- more excited than the kids, I guess- and have spent some time thinking about today, its meaning, this season, and just how fortunate I am to live the life I do with the people I have in my world. Christmas, the holiday season- it is about giving and loving and caring, about helping and smiling and working towards the better good for all. I swear I live the most amazing life, because in my world, with that meaning in mind, the holiday season is year round.

I am amazed at the support from family and friends when I share my kids' accomplishments. I am blown away by the number of people who take the time to recognize us, my children, for being a special part of their lives. We live in a world where we have so many people to fall back on that we will never hit the ground. My children never feel alone or left out, my husband and I never feel helpless or without- we are truly, truly living a golden life surrounded by tremendous people. In our worlds, every day is a gift just waiting to be unwrapped.

Wait, what is that? Could it be the children stirring? I think so! They are up and so my waxing poetic has come to an end. Before I leave for the day, let me thank you- all of you- and Santa, too, for giving me the best present ever - today.

No comments:

Followers