06 November 2013

I am Goldilocks.

DAY SIX - 6 November 2013

The kids went to bed before I had a chance to talk to them about what they were thankful for today, so prepare yourself for a double dose of insight and hilarity tomorrow!

Given that the kids are asleep, the chores are (more or less done), and it's only 10 (ergo, I might get a decent night's sleep!), I am going to make it short and sweet tonight. To be honest, sometimes elaboration does little more than devalue that about which you're speaking anyway, and I don't want that to happen tonight.

Did you ever have one of those days so benign that it was damn near perfect? Just like Goldilocks, I found today to be just right. It wasn't stress free, it wasn't easy, and it sure wasn't filled with all sorts of fun, but I had great talks with my kids on the way to school, a productive meeting at work, some good parking lot talk with a friend, read with my 1st grader, laughed with my 2 year old, studied with my 4th and 5th graders, chit-chatted with the husband, and made "matching sock" plans with the girls I am running with on Saturday. I saw the sun rise over the lake, watched the air clear of humidity and fog, and heard some Chili Peppers on the radio at school today.

Everyone should have at least a day or two a week that start well, go relatively smoothly, and end with a smile. I am so thankful to have had one of those today...and only hope that I don't have to wait too long for the next one!

No comments:

Followers