03 June 2008

Some Moments from the Past Week






Eibhlin had her first Elite Dance Prep Class tonight. She had a new teacher, was the youngest in her class of 8 (the girl older than her was a YEAR older and there were several who were almost 2 years older), was in a different classroom, etc., etc. I thoroughly expected her to stand there in her famous "civil disobedience" pose- arms close in, nails in mouth, grimace on her face. However, she watched and listened, did everything her instructor asked (as much as that little 3 year old body could, anyway) and did it all with a look of determination. She hugged me hard during a break in class, looked me in the eye- with those huge brown eyes- and said, "I am listening real good for you, Mommy. Am I making you happy?" OF COURSE YOU ARE, KITTEN.




Connlaodh, more apt to bite you than kiss you, leaned in to me today, grabbed both my cheeks with those big ol' bear paws, and kissed my nose. Of course he then managed to ruin the moment by throwing his head back, smacking into the wall, and then screaming "DOWN!".....but at least I had that ONE moment with my little grizzly bear. :-)


(Speaking of the younger two, here they are cleaning the house this past Sunday- ha ha)











And Taidhgin...on Sunday I got a glimpse of what life will be like for him in not too many years, i.e. being the "big kid" surrounded by a bunch of babies. We went to a birthday party and he was among the older kids there...and there was a moment when- among the insanity of the toddlers and pre-schoolers throwing water balloons haphazardly and running around like loons- he looked around at the younger kids, looked at me, and then shrugged his shoulders and sighed with a smile. It was like he had sneaked a peek into that big kid world- a world where the kids just a few years younger than you are no longer playmates and have instead become pests.



























No comments:

Followers