03 November 2012

Being Late is the New On Time. I Swear.

I have to admit that I have been looking forward to writing my 30 days of thanks for a while now. It seems like this time last year was the only time I was actually to make myself sit down and think, as well as to write a few lines about that for which I was most grateful each day. I have a lot in my life to be thankful for- probably more than I deserve- and I relish the opportunity to tell the world (or at least the three of you who read this). 

And then life got in the way and now we're on day three. Two days gone, one fading fast, and I am going to have to adjust the "write your thanks blog'" alarm on my phone, because it obviously isn't working.

DAY ONE - Thursday, 1 November 2012 
I am so thankful that so few of our friends and family back East were tragically impacted by Sandy. I know there are inconveniences for many of them, some very trying, but most everyone managed to come through with their homes, their health, and the majority of their sanity. 

DAY TWO - Friday, 2 November 2012
I LOVE THOSE DITTO DASHERS! I know some of you will recall how excited I was last year to be a part of the Ditto Dashers Track Club. This year I get to help out AGAIN!- and so again I get to see those little guys run with all of their hearts and with big, toothy grins on their faces. They moved track club to the morning instead of after school- a move I was sure would make it nowhere near as fun- and that was the best decision ever. Now I get to start each Friday with all of those hopeful little people, people who laugh and love and cry and smile at 100%, people who run run run run run as fast as their legs can - just because they can, people who come straight to me for their lap mark, so proud of how many they've done. I can't think of a better way to start my day than with those contagious smiles.

DAY THREE - Saturday, 3 November 2012
I am thankful for friends for whom distance is not an issue. You know, the ones you can see once a year, once every couple of years, once a whenever, and yet every time you pick right up from where you left off? I am so lucky to have several people like that in my life, scattered from coast to coast. I have said good-bye so many times over the years, left homes and apartments and states without looking back, and easily could have lost those friendships in the moves. However, unlike my black jeans (which are STILL somewhere in a box in the garage even after having moved in here 7 months ago), these people are still accessible in my world, still fit so well in my life, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Followers