13 November 2012

FOUR DAYS. (A Top Ten List for Each.)

I am thankful for my litter of kiddos today and every day. I thought I was whole before I had them; it wasn't until they became a part of my life that I realized just how many cracks and holes needed to be filled. I cannot begin to tell you just how quickly those gaps and cracks were filled with my love for these awesome little creatures.

DAY TEN - 10 November 2012
Taidhgin, the little poet.

Ten things I love:
  1. His totally unabashed giggle. 
  2. The way he tries to make his hair "shake" from side to side. 
  3. The way that he naturally speaks quietly and is soft around babies. 
  4. How he, at nine, still likes to snuggle and say, "I love you."
  5. He is so willing to see the good inside of even the darkest person.
  6. He can admit when he's wrong.
  7. He hurts more for other than he does for himself.
  8. He can see the humor in himself and laughs about it.
  9. He doesn't hide anything. 
  10. I get to love him.



DAY ELEVEN - 11 November 2012
Eibhlin, beautiful/precious joy.

Ten things I love:

  1. The way that she gets peanut butter on her face when she eats fluffer-nutters.
  2. She loves diamonds, nail polish, stuffed animals, and farts.
  3. She is so damn smart.
  4. She never lets me forget anything, but she forgives me everything.
  5. She can giggle in one breath and kick you in the head in the next.
  6. She loves reading, and writing, and words in general...and uses them well.
  7. She likes to go with me to Sam's ... just for the samples. :-) 
  8. Her room is filled with stories and songs and math problems that she makes up for herself to keep herself busy.
  9. When she calls me while I am out running errands just to chat and say hello.
  10. I get to love her.

DAY TWELVE - 12 November 2012
Connlaodh, chaste fire.

Ten things I love:

  1. Every emotion he has is right there for the world to see.
  2. He doesn't play games- he is who he is.
  3. Everything he does, he LOVES...until he doesn't like it anymore.
  4. He thinks I am the best cook ever- especially when I order pizza. :-)
  5. He is an amazing big brother.
  6. He is incredible at damn near every sport - and just rolls with it, loving the sports for what they are, not for what he looks like playing.
  7. He wants to fish every weekend.
  8. He thinks math is fun.
  9. When he talks, he uses his eyes for emphasis...those big, black eyes speak volumes.
  10. I get to love him.

DAY THIRTEEN - 13 November 2012
Uilleam, inner strength and protector.

Ten things I love:

  1. He is a terrorist and a love and a wild-eyed giggle monster who thinks he's five.
  2. He loves to bite the dogs' ears.
  3. He can fake tears and then laugh about it.
  4. He runs to me and gives me "big hugs".
  5. He loves karate and has an incredible kiai.
  6. His curls!
  7. His ability to outsmart every obstacle intended to keep him from the stairs, the sink, the toilet, the hall, the outside, the outlets, i.e. everywhere he shouldn't be.
  8. When he gives me a zerbert on my belly and then belly laughs about it until he falls over.
  9. He loves his brothers and sisters so much that he cries when they leave him for class.
  10. I get to love him.

No comments:

Followers