17 November 2011

"Fred, she's gotten her boobies." - Grandma Helen, Sixteen Candles

Day Seventeen: I am so freaking glad that I am not in high school anymore. Thank you, old age, for creeping out from my eyelids, up through my hair, and down across my backside. I used to think I never wanted to be 30- that anything over 30 was just a ridiculous waste of time- but how I was wrong, oh, how I was wrong. I may miss the ability to drop a dress size in a week simply by cutting back on what I eat, but I never want to relive the feeling that my life is both so now and so far ahead all at the same time. There's something very comforting in knowing that what you are is where you are and that you're there (mainly) by your own choice or choices. So, my dear crow's feet and cottage cheese, thank you for reminding me that a life lived well and the experiences you have living that life far outweigh the loss of the ability to go bra-less without inflicting pain on others.

No comments:

Followers