16 November 2011

"Never eat more than you can lift." ~Miss Piggy

Day Sixteen: There is a moment in your day, week, life, etc. where the world is calm, quiet, and at peace. For some, that moment may be found in the last few minutes before your eyes shut for the rest of the night, for other it may be in that split second before you turn off your car after arriving home from a long day. For me, that moment is found at about 5:30 in the morning, Monday through Friday. The sensation of leaving the gym (or ending a good beach run while on vacation), warm and with my heart amped and my adrenaline pumping, and walking into the silence and emptiness of the pre-dawn is a feeling that I crave whenever my world is spinning uncontrollably. It is a moment of contentment, pride, serenity, bliss. It is a moment in which I know I am unstoppable. It feels as if the whole world has stopped in order to let you be. Don't get me wrong...by the time I get to my car and have started planning my day I have become well aware that I am altogether fallible, human, and overwhelmed. But in that one moment, life is so clear that even the most daunting frustrations appear tiny and insignificant. I am so thankful to have moments like that to hold onto, especially when the rest of my day ends up in the john before sun-up.

No comments:

Followers