13 November 2011

Girl Power

Day Twelve: I would like to send a love-filled thank you to my amazing daughter, Eibhlin, for showing me what it means to be a whole woman. She played a 9 am baseball game where she fielded better than ever,



she spent the afternoon playing mom to baby brother and slave to her mother, and she spent the evening accessorizing and living it up with her gal pal, Hannah.




From red clay to putting clothes away to spending the evening at play, the girl knows how to work it. Smart, beautiful, proud, confident, athletic, disgusting and a pig, loud, and involved; Eibhlin is more complete at 6 than I am at 30 + that. I look at her and thank her for being her and nobody else. She drives me the craziest of them all- I love it, am grateful for it, and wouldn't change it for the world.

And for those who are thinking it already, I know. I am in for one hell of a teenage girl's life. I am shining up the locks for the doors and windows. :-)

Day Thirteen: Tasha at Walmart on South Cooper is the best checker I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Thank you, Tasha, for making the what could have been an endless coupon parade hosted by the crazy woman in front of me move faster than it would have had someone else been ringing her up AND also for thanking me for my patience! I know it sounds silly, but it's a hell of a lot easier to be nice to the person behind the register when they acknowledge the pain of those in front of the register. As for the lady in front of me: 1) you didn't save all that much, so really, what the hell was the point? and 2) you should have heard what the couple behind me was saying about you!!! Was almost worth sitting through your paper b.s. just to hear it said aloud!

No comments:

Followers